We are looking for an experienced finance manager for our group of companies whose activities include Management and operation of Dental practices, Property Development and Investment Property.
The successful individual will need to take responsibility for dealing with bookkeeping, supplier payments, preparing annual accounts, filing company information in accordance with statutory requirements and management reporting.
This is a hands-on role and candidates will need to be prepared to roll up their sleeves to get things done. The initial focus will involve a degree of set up work to be completed which involves creating, streamlining and documenting processes and procedures.
The dental part of our business (PJS Dental) currently includes two Kent-based dental practices, located in Sevenoaks and Ashford. We plan to grow through acquisition on the dental side and the successful candidate will be required to assist with this process.
A key deliverable on the dental side of the business is creation of a management reporting regime which enables better understanding of revenue streams and opportunities to increase profitability.
You will also be expected to deal with lenders, set up new loan and finance facilities and identify new and more efficient sources of finance for the businesses to meet their cashflow requirements.
- Management of an assistant accountant
- Ownership of all accounting timetables to meet statutory and internal reporting deadlines
- Day to day operational accounting and reconciliations
- Preparation of monthly management information
- Financial forecasts and annual budget preparation
- Cash flow forecasting and working capital improvement
- Liaising with external accountants and other relevant third parties
- Reporting and improving on key KPI’s for the businesses
- Annual statement submissions and dormant accounts filings
- Project work as required
- Managing cashflow, dealing with lenders and sourcing finance to meet the business’s cashflow and expenditure requirements
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience at a similar level
- An accounting qualification with a minimum of 3 years PQE
- A high level of IT literacy. Previous experience of using QuickBooks would be an advantage
- Experience with managing people and mentoring
- A results driven orientation and be comfortable working to deadlines
- Energy & enthusiasm
Previous experience in dealing with acquisition of businesses and/or properties would also be an advantage.
If you have the right skills and experience & would like to join our team, we would love to hear from you.
Candidates will also need to be prepared to deal with urgent issues via email or phone outside of working hours. We expect candidates to be willing to go the extra mile in order to get the job done.
Salary £40-£45,000, depending on skills and experience.
The position will initially be based in Ashford, but it may be possible to work part time from home once you are established in the position. The role may also require travel to our practice in Sevenoaks, to meetings in London or to development sites or other properties in London, Gloucestershire or Kent.
At MELT Property and PJS Dental, we seek to create roles that are oriented around tasks that our employees enjoy and we are proud to encourage entreprenuership. We are therefore open to applications from individuals who wish to work on a part time and/or self-employed basis.
If you feel your skills and experience are best suited to one side of our business and not the other, we are also willing to consider applications from individuals who wish to work part time or would prefer to focus solely on either the Dental or Property business.
Hours of work are 8:30am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday.
To apply, please click ‘APPLY NOW’ and attach your covering letter and CV.
Any questions please email Jobs@pjsdental.co.uk